A four-year program offered over eight semesters
The program aims to ensure:
• The acquisition of knowledge, skills, attributes and behaviours that are essential to practice as a competent and accountable nurse midwife
• The ability to manage oneself and participate in inter-disciplinary teams
• The development of analysis, synthesis and evaluation skills, and the ability to use and transfer information, knowledge and research to positively influence healthcare outcomes in stable and unstable clinical settings
• The provision of an educational culture that nurtures the development of professional, intellectual and personal growth
• The ability to prepare for a career pathway in the context of the dynamics of the population and diversity of healthcare settings.
INTENDED LEARNING OUTCOMES•
Interpret different forms of knowledge and practice and reflect upon professional nursing and midwifery.
Understand the appropriate life and human sciences that underpin and contribute to nursing and midwifery practice and health promotion.
• Reflect upon the centrality of ethics, law and the humanities for professional nursing and midwifery practice.
• Acquire sound knowledge of nursing and midwifery methods, nursing and midwifery skills and healthcare management.
• Acquire knowledge and skills in handling information technology related to patient/client care, health promotion and continuing professional development.
Must have MSCE or its equivalent with 6 credits that should include credits in Mathematcs, Physical Science, Biology and English (+ any other 2 credits
Students have a choice to apply either through hard copies or online and application is done through the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE).
Application forms can be collected from NCHE offices in Lilongwe, all District Commissioners, and District Education Managers offices in all districts across Malawi. The forms can also be accessed on NCHE website as well as the KUHeS website. The form should be filled and submitted to National.
Or download the application form from the National Council for Higher Education website [https://pus.nche.ac.mw], fill it out and send the completed form to National Council for Higher Education, Post Office Box B43, Lilongwe, before the deadline indicated in the advertisement.
apply online through the National Council for Higher Education website by following this link https://pus.nche.ac.mw. The following documents in electronic format are required for every online application:
a. Identity card;
b. Passport-sized photo;
c. Certificate or result notification slip; d. Proof of payment of application fee.
For international and self-sponsored students:
|STUDY PROGRAMME||APPROVED REVISED 2017||NON-MALAWIAN/ SADC||MALAWIAN/ NON-SADC|
|(IN MALAWI KWACHA)||(IN US DOLLAR)||(IN US DOLLAR)|
|FEES PER YEAR – YEARS 1 – 4|
|Board & Lodge||1,713,960||2,364||2,364|