The Kamuzu University of Health Sciences is pleased to announce the commencement of the 2023 Undergraduate Academic Year as follows;
a) All foundation year, first year generic, first year direct entry, first year upgrading, first year mature entry and University Certificate in Midwifery students shall commence their academic year on Monday, 13 th February 2023.
b) All continuing students shall commence their academic year on Monday, 20 th February 2023.
Students from different programs shall report to our various campuses as follows;
A. Blantyre Campus behind Queen Elizabeth Central Hospital (QECH):
1. Bachelor of Science in Adult Health Nursing- year 2
2. Bachelor of Science in Child Health Nursing – year 2
3. Bachelor of Science in Community Health Nursing- year 2
4. Bachelor of Science in Mental Health and Psychiatric Nursing – year 2
5. Bachelor of Science in Midwifery – year 2
B. Blantyre Campus along Mahatma Gandhi Road
1. Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery
2. Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science
3. Bachelor of Physiotherapy
4. Bachelor of Pharmacy
5. Bachelor of Dental Surgery
6. Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics
7. Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
8. Bachelor of Science in Anaesthesia and Intensive Care
9. Bachelor of Science in General Surgery10. Bachelor of Science in Internal Medicine
11. Bachelor of Science in Paediatrics and Child Health
12. Bachelor of Science in Palliative Care
13. Bachelor of Science in Trauma and Orthopedics
14. Bachelor of Science in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
15. Bachelor of Science in Health Management
C. Kameza Campus near Kameza round about in Blantyre:
1. Bachelor of Science in Adult Health Nursing – years 1,3 and 4
2. Bachelor of Science in Child Health Nursing – years 1, 3 and 4
3. Bachelor of Science in Community Health Nursing – years 1, 3 and 4
4. Bachelor of Science in Mental Health and Psychiatric Nursing – years 1, 3, and 4
5. Bachelor of Science in Midwifery – years 1, 3, and 4
D. Lilongwe Campus near Kamuzu Central Hospital (KCH):
1. Bachelor of Science in Nursing and Midwifery (Generic)
2. Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery- Year 3
3. Bachelor of Science in Nursing and Midwifery (Upgrading)
4. Bachelor of Science in Adult Health Nursing (Mature entry)
5. Bachelor of Science in Child Health Nursing (Mature entry)
6. Bachelor of Science in Community Health Nursing (Mature entry)
7. Bachelor of Science in Mental Health and Psychiatric Nursing (Mature entry)
8. Bachelor of Science in Nursing and Midwifery Education (Mature entry)
9. Bachelor of Science in Health Service Management (Mature entry)
10. Bachelor of Science in Midwifery (Mature entry)
11. University Certificate in Midwifery.
All new students, whether local, international, upgrading or mature should report to their respective campuses for orientation that will run from 14th to 17th February, 2023. It is a MUST that all new students attend the orientation programme.
Registration period shall be from the opening date 20th February, 2023 to 5th March, 2023. Students are reminded that rules and regulations pertainingto registration process shall apply and therefore must be strictly adhered to.
All new students are required to bring an original MSCE certificate, two passport size photographs and a National ID which will aid their registration process.
The University has limited accommodation and therefore all new students who have not been offered accommodation are being advised to search for accommodation closer to the campus they have been assigned to.
New students who have been offered accommodation are expected to arrive on campus on Monday 13th February, 2023.
Continuing students who have been offered accommodation are expected to arrive on campus on onday 20th February, 2023. Classes will begin on Tuesday 21st February 2023.
Students who have been offered University accommodation shall only be granted access after paying 50% of the required semester rentals.
Information about students that have been offered accommodation is available on the University’s website: www.kuhes.ac.mw.
FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION/TUITION FEES
Financial contribution/Tuition fees for the academic year remains the same and students are expected to deposit the same in the respective bank accounts as advised in the offer letters. The University does not receive cash or cheque payments. Please indicate student name, registration number (account number), program and year of study on the deposit slip.
The financial contribution/tuition fees may be paid in full at the beginning of the year or 50% of the annual fee at the beginning of each semester. Please be reminded that students who have not paid the required tuition fees within the registration period will not be registered as per University Policy, “No fees
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR FIRST YEAR NURSING AND MIDWIFERY STUDENTS REPORTING AT KAMEZA, QECH AND LILONGWE CAMPUSES
In addition to the University’s recommended financial contribution, first year nursing and midwifery generic and direct entry students are required to bring the following:
1. K60, 000 Nurses Council Indexing and Professional File fees to be paid directly to the Council within 30 days of registration. Please do not deposit this money into the University bank account.
a. Females – 2 white dresses (or skirt & blouse / pair of trousers and blouse) and 2 Nurses’ caps.
b. Males – 2 white safari suits and 2 epaulets.
c. All students – 2 pairs of black covered flat shoes
5. Nurses’ Watch
6. Blood Pressure machine
7. A blue or white cardigan for females
8. A green apron for females
9. A green dust coat for males
10. A pair of white gumboots
11. A name tag
12. Face masks
We look forward to your returning to and joining the Kamuzu University of Health Sciences.
For further enquiries, please contact
Kamuzu University of Health Sciences
Private Bag 360, Chichiri
Tel: 01 871 911, 01 871498, 01876 058
Fax: 01 870 744